Thursday, June 23, 2011

Steak Does a Body Good

We got John's blood tests back yesterday and wanted to give a quick update...
<> <>Here are his levels... the one we were most concerned about was his hemoglobin because he was right on the border of needing a blood transfusion and he was having many symptoms of anemia.
6/12/11 6/20/11 Normal Levels
Red Blood Cells2.653.564.70-6.10
Hemoglobin8.010.913.5-16.5
Hematocrit22.933.042.0-52.0
AST aka "liver enzymes"1072615-37
Total Bilirubin3.6.6.2-1.0

But in just over a week he went up 2.9 L! yay! And sadly... his hemoglobin beats mine!  I've been a little on the low side since being pregnant.  I did find out that babies are born with a hemoglobin level between 15-20L!!! So its not really my fault is what I'm trying to say... the baby is stealing it from me! ;)
Also John's liver enzymes and bilirubin are now in normal levels!  We still have some work to do in the anemia areas but I'm VERY excited that he made soo much progress!

Today we got our our account balance from John C. Lincoln... its almost laughable what a bill you can rack up! Thank the Lord that our insurance is covering most of it!  But it is over $12000!!!!  Thats like half of our yearly income! But God always provides!




1 comment: