Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Camera

John and I left for Sierra before my birthday and were gone for Christmas.  My parents had set us aside some money for gifts when we returned.  What did we buy you may ask?

A fancy schmancy Canon camera off craigslist.  John and I know literally NOTHING about photography but decided it is something we can learn and do together while in Sierra Leone.  We both don't have a hobby that we really like doing together... I like to run, exercise, cook, and garden.  He likes to play sports like ultimate frisbee, tennis, and soccer, and garden and hunt.  We both garden... but we do it differently.  John likes to plant and spend time out in the garden.  I like to harvest and use the fruits of his labor ;)  We are excited to dive into something that is new to us both.

Here are a few pictures of Aden while I was playing with a few different settings (thanks to a brief tutorial from my cousin Stephen).








I told John the other day that other than choosing to follow my Lord, marrying him was the best think I've ever done, but giving birth to this boy is the coolest think I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment