Saturday, March 19, 2011

Its a Boy!

So apparently the OB/GYN in Sierra Leone was wrong when she would "guess" it was a girl.  John and I truly would have been happy with either because every child is such a gift of God, but I think we both liked the idea of having a boy to start off the family... be a leader and protector of other children (especially those girls Dad is thinking!)  It was funny because my aunt was sure I was having a boy even before my ultrasound in Salone because of the way I was carrying straight out!  I brought both her and my mom (they're sisters) to my appointment for moral support as John was gone :(

Here is the typical boy picture where you are looking up at the caboose... two legs sticking out... and the man part inbetween.


Here is the baby looking straight at the 'camera'.  You can see the two eyes and the mouth open.


And here is just a body profile and you can see all 4 chambers of the heart!



So there is our exciting news for those of you who don't already know (I think we've told everybody in person already lol!) 

Next up... I got to meet my nephew Joshua for the first time!  (John's sister's son!)  They will only be 8 months apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment