1. Flushing the toilet every time I pee (I still feel guilty after having lived 4 months by the motto 'if its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down')
2. HOT showers ANY time of the day or season (unless I use up all the hot water which I have mistakenly done in living in luxury)
3. Rinsing/washing all my fruits and veggies under the sink with city water
4. Electricity 24/7. Sometimes I still find myself worrying about being able to charge my phone and battery if I forget to plug it in overnight.
5. The internet is truly "faster than I want" which is the misleading slogan for the very slow internet company Sierratel that we have in Sierra Leone.
6. Pei Wei, Carolinas Mexican Food, Chino Banditos
7. Ice and refridgeration
8. Set prices for groceries and most other purchases... no haggling required
9. Friends and Family (you know who you are!)
10. Low Humidity (this may be tmi but I pee soooo much more here partly because my pregnant belly is growing but I think even more so because I'm not sweating out all the liquid I consume every day)
While I am enjoying these seeming luxuries... they almost make me feel guilty that I can have all these things. However I will count them as blessings and remember to pray for the Courtneys, Emily, and my beloved John who are working so hard without most of these things!
2. HOT showers ANY time of the day or season (unless I use up all the hot water which I have mistakenly done in living in luxury)
3. Rinsing/washing all my fruits and veggies under the sink with city water
4. Electricity 24/7. Sometimes I still find myself worrying about being able to charge my phone and battery if I forget to plug it in overnight.
5. The internet is truly "faster than I want" which is the misleading slogan for the very slow internet company Sierratel that we have in Sierra Leone.
6. Pei Wei, Carolinas Mexican Food, Chino Banditos
7. Ice and refridgeration
8. Set prices for groceries and most other purchases... no haggling required
9. Friends and Family (you know who you are!)
10. Low Humidity (this may be tmi but I pee soooo much more here partly because my pregnant belly is growing but I think even more so because I'm not sweating out all the liquid I consume every day)
While I am enjoying these seeming luxuries... they almost make me feel guilty that I can have all these things. However I will count them as blessings and remember to pray for the Courtneys, Emily, and my beloved John who are working so hard without most of these things!
No comments:
Post a Comment