On my 3rd night past my due date (July 13th) we had a false alarm. John's family had arrived from Parker the day before. I went on my usual evening walk trying to follow the advice of so many that walking would start labor. That evening I noticed a few more contractions than usual but decided just to go to bed. I woke up around 11 pm and noticed my contractions were coming at 5-8 minute intervals... most starting after 6-7 minutes. This continued for another 1.5 hours. I decided to get up and check my email. The contractions were still timeable and seemed to be getting stronger but not painful.
At 2:30 am I decided to take a shower and braid my hair... getting ready for my soon-to-be trip to the hospital. I woke up my mom and she called my dad because he had gone up to Greer the day earlier for a meeting later that day. He started on the 5 hour trip back to Phoenix because we were pretty sure things were going to be moving. I decided around 3:30 to try to sleep for a few hours. I was scheduled for an OB appt. later that day at 8:45 am and figured I might as well go so my Dr. could check my dilation progress.
When I woke up around 6:30 I was still having contractions but they seemed to be coming at slightly longer intervals. I had let John know that today was the day. He got out his 'contraction app' on his phone. The longer time between contractions I chalked up to being distracted and getting ready. At my OB appt. I let them know I thought I was in labor and the nurse and the Dr. were excited. Afterwards we went to Starbucks for a decaf mocha and met John's family there. By that time my contractions really had phased out but I had hopes that they would kick back up in the evening.
Unfortunately they never did which brings me to Aden's birth story...
I wish I would have waited a few hours to call my dad. He ended up ditching out on an important meeting involving the Wallow Fire because his daughter 'was in labor' but then I wasn't...
I wish I would have waited a few hours to call my dad. He ended up ditching out on an important meeting involving the Wallow Fire because his daughter 'was in labor' but then I wasn't...
Oh good! Does this mean the rest of the story is coming soon? Hope you're enjoying motherhood!
ReplyDelete