Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to the land of electricity, running water, and toilets!

Just wanted to let you all know that we are back from our two week trip 'upline' and it feels so good to be home sweet home.  It was definitely hard in a lot of ways but the fruit was totally worth it in the end.  

I did a really thorough job of journaling this whole trip and plan to share my daily journal with you all day by day.  I thought it would be kind of neat to be able to see what it looks like each day when we are well drillers by day and Good News sharers by night for those of you who have never been to Africa or on a mission trip like this.  Also, I plan on sharing some personal struggles I went through along the way because I want all my readers (all 3 of you or so ;)) to know that I am not perfect and far from it as you will see.  I survive by grace alone and am thankful for such a forgiving Father and encouraging/forgiving/sacrificial husband as well. 

2 comments: