Monday, January 16, 2012

See You in Two Weeks

I know I know it has been awhile...


Right before Christmas things got busy with a container that arrived for our NGO.  It was quite a bit of work to unload it and then find places in our house for all the goodies that arrived.  Then we hosted a team from OSU that helped drill a well with John.  A cool thing about that team (other than the fact that we got them to bring in 20 lbs of cheese for us!) is that they brought another drill kit.  So now we can drill two wells at the same time!!!


We will actually be doing this in the next two weeks.  John and I have been preparing for a trip upcountry.  We have been waiting to receive some camping gear on the container.  We will be taking Aden and John's 6-man well drilling team about 2.5 hours away from our home.  We will be living in tents and basically camping out.  We are teaming with Heifer International and a church in the US to provide two wells in adjacent communities that don't have a source of clean drinking water.  We will also be showing the Jesus film in the trade language (haven't been able to get our hands on the video in timne the heart language) as well as doing teaching every night.  Well drillers by day, gospel sharers by night!


This is really pushing John and I both out of our comfort zones.  We will be living much like the locals... no toilets or running water, we will be fetching our water from a nearby river, I'll be washing all of our clothes and Aden's diapers on a washboard, cooking on coal pots, hanging out with women that speak another language, etc.  John will be pushed in sharing the gospel and doing teachings nightly.  We are both scared and excited at the same time.  We will not have internet so I will try and be a better blogger when we get back in two weeks and do some posts about our time in the villages.  Please pray for strength, health, and fruitfulness of this trip.


I leave you with some recent pictures of Aden at the beach.  He will be 6 months old in 2 days and is acquiring so many new skills.  Just this past week he has been getting on his hands and his knees.  I also see one of his lower front incisors barely poking through his gum tissue.   





 Sorry about the quality of the photos the internet is being a little finnicky and is not letting me load higher resolution photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment