We were served monkey while visiting one of our churches in Ronurie... and I ate it!
source
I only ate one piece though because I had done some research into eating monkey and found that it is one of the most likely theories of the first transmission of HIV. It was okay... the flavor definitely not my favorite compared to the other bush meat I've eaten or maybe I had a bias with the foreknowledge that I was eating a primate. John had multiple pieces and really enjoyed it. For me... it was more like a bucket list item "ok, I did it... I ate monkey."
source
I only ate one piece though because I had done some research into eating monkey and found that it is one of the most likely theories of the first transmission of HIV. It was okay... the flavor definitely not my favorite compared to the other bush meat I've eaten or maybe I had a bias with the foreknowledge that I was eating a primate. John had multiple pieces and really enjoyed it. For me... it was more like a bucket list item "ok, I did it... I ate monkey."

I have to admit... Not something I ever want to try.
ReplyDeleteI've been really into grooming my boys after that particular meal. Conincidence?
ReplyDelete