Gingersnap is the momma goat. We *think* she is in milk. Charcoal (last picture) is the baby goat. He still tries to milk but we don't know if he's successful. Gingersnap is also pregnant so if we can't milk her soon (still waiting to get a stanchion built) then we can in a few months when she has the babies. We are still working on letting them warm up to us. I've gotten to the point where Gingersnap will approach me when I first come up to her to see what goodies I've brought for her to eat. She doesn't really like me petting her but she'll barely tolerate it if I hold on to her leash and feed her goodies. I am hoping John can build a stanchion this weekend and we're hoping she'll let us milk her (we may have to tie her legs together).
Charcoal is a male. We will have to decide soon if he is going to be our stud... or our dinner. Will post pictures and a recipe soon if its the latter :) John wanted to name him Fine Chop for that very reason.
why not let charcoal do both? at least he could have a little fun first, then the recipe?
ReplyDeletecold...
ReplyDeleteCharcoal could be an appropriate name for the latter also if you think about it. Maybe you can nickname him 'king" for Kingston!
ReplyDeleteScott meant Kingsford. He is under stress, haha.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I agree with Tammy on the whole "let him do both" thing :)
ReplyDelete