So some people (actually only one person... John's cousin Lori) requested to see pictures of our house. I'm going to do it room by room and I'm starting with Archer's because I just tidied it today.
I'm standing in the doorway and John's clothes and shoes are to the left. We hang most all of our clothes because they would get funky smelling if we put them in a dresser because of the heat and humidity. Aden and Archer are playing on the dog bed that we originally bought for our dog Rhya with plans of keeping her as an inside dog. Once we realized we couldn't keep her perfectly flea and tick free if we allowed her to fraternize with the outside dogs, we kicked her out. Aden has loved that thing for years and now Archer does, too. It's something they can roll around on and flop on since we don't have carpet anywhere.
In this picture above, I'm standing in the corner by the clothes. Archer's crib and mosquito net is on the left. John made a makeshift changing table from a piece of wood that nests on the crib and is padded with a towel. His cloth diapers are falling out of the hanger on the crib. That book shelf is Archer's "dresser" and it is as much a dresser as Archer actually get's "dressed" (which is hardly ever). It has all his clothes, shoes, cloth diapers, some disposables and wipes, along with a bunch of other miscellaneous things that I throw on there if I can't find a home.
Now I'm standing by the crib and there are our separate clothing racks. I know, I know, I have way more clothes than I need but when I get back to the US, I always forget how much clothes I have here. And probably 95% of my clothes are bought at goodwill because I am cheap thrifty. Also, having been pregnant and post partum twice now, I have a wide range of what we will call "Kaysie sizes".
We don't have closed closets in any of the rooms so we just end up storing our tubs out in the open. They have mostly clothes that Aden has grown out of (but Archer will fit soon), some old baby clothes and bottles, cold weather clothes that we need only for the airplane rides to and fro, a sewing machine, and some extra toiletries that we pull out as needed (toiletries are astronomically expensive here so we try to bring in our favorites in our luggages).
We don't have closed closets in any of the rooms so we just end up storing our tubs out in the open. They have mostly clothes that Aden has grown out of (but Archer will fit soon), some old baby clothes and bottles, cold weather clothes that we need only for the airplane rides to and fro, a sewing machine, and some extra toiletries that we pull out as needed (toiletries are astronomically expensive here so we try to bring in our favorites in our luggages).



No comments:
Post a Comment