Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Blog Post and What We've Been Up to Pre-Move

Hello friends and family!  Welcome to our blog!  We have been very busy as we have been preparing to move to Sierra Leone.

Here is what we've been up to:

 I went fishing twice with my parents and aunt and uncle up in Woods Canyon Lake near Payson AZ.


Here is my dad

And when I say I went fishing, I really mean that my family fished and I walked around the lake.  But I had fun anyways.  Its a 5 mile hike around the lake.  Here is my mom and I. 

John and I took another trip to Oregon.  The first trip we filled our Land Rover up with a bunch of tools, food, and other things we need when we're there.  Our car is already there and hopefully out of customs already waiting for us to get there.
This time we drove up another car... a car that somebody donated to be used by hopefully a Chilean couple that will join us in Sierra Leone.  But we got to spend some time with my parents family in Oregon.  This was a mule next door to my great uncle and aunt's house (we were staying with them)

Then we picked some fresh blackberries that were EVERYWHERE!



 And we saw some billy goats gruff...

We had a great time, the weather was beautiful.  We also were able to spend some time with our friend Emily that will join us in Sierra Leone.

A few days after we returned from Oregon we flew out to Oklahoma to meet with some people that we will be working with in SL.  Here we are at the airport leaving... and a heifer postcard... because John jokingly calls me heifer on occasion.  Its not really funny but for some reason I like it!



Last weekend we had my niece's birthday party...

 Sugar coma...
My cousin Megan who is due with her first in just a few weeks.  His name will be Sullivan.


We have 9 days to go and lots to do!  John is defending his thesis tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool.The cow picture is very funny:) Good luck on your trip. May the hours fly by in heavy sleep.

    ReplyDelete