A few days after we arrived, Chad took us to see the Newton Dam at Waterloo. He is still trying to get the government to lease us the property. If we get the property a few cool things will happen...
1. John will clean up the dam and get it running again to feed a community of ~5,000 with clean, drinkable water
2. We could fix up the housing so that we could live there for free (minus the fix-up costs)
3. The property would be able to house the medical teams that come 2-3 times a year for free and save on their costs
I'm not sure why the government won't lease us the land... It would ONLY benefit and improve the living conditions of the local community. The property is not being used at all and the local tribe's chief has already given us the land (although it wasn't his to give lol!)
Here is the dam as is
The local tribe at Waterloo gave the NGO we're working under a pregnant goat for the property. She gave birth to a daughter and son. Then she mated with the son and had another boy and girl. They were soooo cute! I wanted to take them home with me, but we don't have much of a yard.
Here are Mom and
The Babies!!!
Oh my gosh... I just love those baby goats. We also looked at the place that we were thinking of moving to at the first of the year. I thought... why not bring these little sweeties with us? But apparently they will just eat at all of the greenery of the property and the landlord is pretty anal about the "landscaping" of the house. I will do a post about our future living arrangements in the next post... but here is a darling picture to leave you with...









No comments:
Post a Comment