Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Aden 9 months update

So looking back on things... I haven't given an update on Aden in 5 months!!! His last update was at 4 months old!  

Stats

Weight: 19.5-20.5 lbs- Between the 25-50th percentile
Height: 28.25 inches - Between the 25-50th percentile


We don't have an accurate scale but the one we do have measures about 19.5 lbs which is probably pretty close.  I think the heavier the person, the more inaccurate it is.  We actually haven't been in to take Aden to the Dr. since our last experience.  I didn't really enjoy our last experience so I think I may wait to take Aden in... possibly till the next time we are in the states.  I will take another look at the vaccines he needs, we shall see.  If I do go, I don't think I will go to the clinic because it was quite a confusing experience. 
 





Milestones

So since he was four months old... Aden has since passed all these skills: sitting up, crawling, and standing (even unassisted for a few seconds).  He loves to stand up and bang on things and is learning his way around furniture. 

Teeth:  Aden has his lower two teeth all the way in and his upper left has already poked through while his upper right is following close behind.

Schedule:  Aden is nursing every 2ish hours.  I was doing the whole "eat-play-sleep" cycle but I found it helped my milk supply if I did the "eat-play-eat-sleep".  Also, he is eating 3 "meals" a day.  Breakfast is usually 2 egg yolks and maybe a few tiny bites of banana.  Lunch and dinner consist of either chicken/tuna/salmon and some avocado, pureed carrots, banana or whatever else I have around to make.  We are waiting on grains till he is a year old.


Naps: Aden is down to 2-3 naps a day.  The first two naps are usually 1.5-2 hours long and if he gets a third it may be 30-45 minutes.  I actually had to quit caffeine (goodbye beloved morning coffee!) because I noticed he wouldn't nap for as long.  We weaned him off the pacifier about two weeks ago.  It went really well... just went cold turkey.  The longest he cried for it was about 15 minutes, but even then it was 'off and on.' I am not against pacifiers at a later age, I just knew it would be harder to take away later on so I decided to bite the bullet and get it over with.  He does quite fine even as he is teething now. 


Clothes: Aden is in the 9-12 month range of clothing.  We are slowly switching out the 9 month clothes that don't fit for the 12 month shirts/shorts combo.  Thanks Grandma Hunt for sending us a wardrobe for Aden.  We had assumed we would be coming home this summer and could get clothes then but due to finances it may be another 6-9 months later.


Aden is such a blast!  He will go to anybody and not cry (unless he is need of a nap).  We are working on 'don't touch' and some basic sign language: more, all done, and please.  The locals love him and call him "white boy" or "bobo"

 

1 comment: