Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New House Part I

So here is some pics of the new place and I think you'll see why it will take 6 months before our house is ready...

So here's the kitchen:  Right now we have no cabinets (below the counter or on the wall) We are, therefore, having to store a lot of stuff on the counters or below in boxes and totes.  In the lower left corner you can see our stove, and the in the lower right corner you can barely see our chest solar fridge.  To the left of the sink you can see our water filter.  I really like the counters because they are deep so Aden can't sit up there while I am doing food prep.  I also really like the tile on the floor and the counters.  The kitchen and the bathrooms are the only rooms with tile.


Here's the view sitting on our couch.  Through that hole in the wall is our kitchen that we just looked at.  You can see our computer station and our dining table (as well as a still unpacked suitcase and my beloved starbucks cup)



Here is the opposite view of the living room taken from inside the kitchen through that hole.  We have a screen door that I love for breeze but keeps the skeeters out.  You can see a brief view into Aden's room.  Our bedroom door is in the far right of the photo.  Aden is playing at our little coffee table/foot rest.  You can see the cement floor in the picture.


Here is our guest "shower room."  You're not supposed to need a shower curtain for these "shower rooms" but I'm thinking we should probably do one anyways.  Right now, we keep Rhya's food and water bowl in here.  In the back of the shower, the original building had these weird slates... not sure for what? But we knocked them out of each of three rooms and will eventually make them into shelves.  But through that window you can see John and I's bathroom.


Here is our guest "toilet room" Apparently it is not uncommon to have separate rooms for toilets and showers.  You can see John and I's shower threw the 'window.'  On the ground you can see our trashcan, a blue bag that we put a lot of John's tools (not sure why it is in the bathroom during this picture?), and that paint tub is where we put Aden's dirty cloth diapers that we usually clean in the toilet for #2's and in the sink for #1's.  Don't worry if you come to stay at our house as a guest, I will take those out of there and clean the sink for you :)


Here is our pantry.  LOVE LOVE LOVE this room.  I can close it to keep the dog and Aden out but it is quite spacious.  I still have some organizing to do but we have been very busy since we landed so this will do for now.  Also the lighting in this room is due to the sky lighting that John put in when he designed the ceiling.  I love how bright it is... I was a little scared of our old pantry because it was super dark in there and I didn't know what kind of bugs were lurking around.




1 comment:

  1. Looks good Kaysie. Looks like you will need a big "to do" list for John!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete