"... the free choice to give up the self produces, as it were, the true self, the authentic person. But it is a choice that must constantly be remade in every subsequent choice... this perpetual re-choosing of Christ is the great paradox and challenge of the Christian faith."-Robert Inchausti, Subversive Orthodoxy
I'm coming to terms with the idea/process that there are so many decisions and attitudes that we can make and have throughout the day that I have to continually re-choose Christ in each of them. When a day goes by and I have not had to do that, its not because my day was easy, it was because I missed out on many opportunities to choose Christ over choosing self. Sometimes I can even make a decision to honor Christ in one way or another, but it becomes a daily battle to remember that which I promised and why I promised it.
No comments:
Post a Comment