It took us a couple of hours to get there. We left last Saturday because a group from the bible study were going to camp on the beach. We got there a lot later than everyone else because John had to change the fuel pump in his Land Rover (it went out!)
Once we arrived, it was only a few hours before dinner. It was lady fish, rice, and an onion sauce.
Up above us in the palm trees, we saw some vultures...
John put a mosquito net up underneath the cabana. Everybody else brought tents which I believe was a much better idea. We will have to do that next time because the ground was pretty hard.
We spent most of the evening around a campfire with our friends. Some other expatriates (mostly Dr's) also joined us at the campfire.
The next morning we awoke to some eggs on toast for breakfast. We also had a little church service on the beach. I cried a bit during worship because I truly miss the worship style from back home that we did that morning. I love the African style worship that we have experienced thus far, but it just doesn't fulfill that desire inside of me. And most of the time I don't realize I miss it until I experience it.
After that John and I went to try our hand at swimming to this island not too far away. Here are some pictures from it.
This tree was quite amazing and huge!
For John's birthday before we left, I got John a pretty neat camera. John isn't very 'gentle' with his cameras per se, so we got him one that is waterproof, dust proof, shock proof, etc. We had some fun playing with the underwater feature...
Then John wanted to take some pictures of me swimming away from the island. He probably took about 50 because he wanted to see the progression of the island as we were close and then farther from the island... kind of like one of those flip books. It didn't quite work out as planned so here are some highlights...
Hope you enjoyed the pictures of this beautiful area... hopefully it makes you want to come visit us! Just to let you know my fever was gone yesterday... still having some after effects of the traveler's diarrhea, but at least I feel a lot better. Unfortunately, there has been a cold/cough going around our household and I think it took advantage of my compromised immune system. Now I am dealing with that and having a hard time sleeping with the drainage. Usually I am such a healthy person, but I guess this comes with the territory of moving to a new country with a whole host of new bugs to encounter. Bugs- 2 Kaysie- 0
Next up will probably be another random post of pictures I've taken since being here. God Bless!
















No comments:
Post a Comment