Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Caroling- Sierra Leonean Style

One of the guys who works security for our compound, named Alli, came to us one night knocking on the door and said "the police are here."

I think Chad was one the one who answered the door and talked with the policeman who gave us a flyer announcing the upcoming performance of the Sierra Leonean Police Band that would be coming later that week to play some Christmas Carols for us.

Lo and behold, they arrived a few nights later to our door and played about 3 or 4 songs.  The Courtney kids loved it and they were quite good.  Here are some pictures from their serenading:





Hope everybody is having a wonderful Christmas season.  John and I finished up getting the Courtney kids something small for Christmas.  There is just not a lot of selection here for toys but I know the kids will be so thankful for whatever is under the tree.  Plus, I think they realize the true reason for the season, even the youngest Owen.  He told me the other night "Every present I give to someone else is like I am giving it to Jesus because it is his birthday."  I told him I didn't know if that was quite the case but I thought it was a sweet thought coming from a 4 year-old anyways.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Just explain Matthew 25:40 to him!! I think he's got it right!! Wish I could have seen that band, sounds wonderful!! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete