Friday, February 11, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Hobbit

Today's post revolves around this quote from the Lord of the Rings:

Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
[Aragorn turns and walks off in disgust]
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Last week I noticed a huge jump in my appetite.  Today I recorded it:

Breakfast:
Bran Flakes with Raisins added, the milk is powdered milk + water
(Its okay my only complaint is that I am too lazy to go get cold water from the Courtney's fridge so its 'warm milk')


Second Breakfast:
2 whole wheat bread slices made into French Toast using 2 eggs.  Then lathered with peanut butter and syrup.


John and I have been making this since we've been dating.

Elevenses:
Cucumber topped with Laughing Cow Cheese with a slice of tomato on top


Luncheon:
Open-faced sandwich with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese, tomato, cucumber, salt and pepper


(this is one of my favorite lunches.  I bring it with me the days I work in the clinic, but then I slap another slice of bread on top for traveling ease.  Sometimes I eat two!)  PS is it bothersome to anybody else that Laughing Cow doesn't have to be refridgerated?

Afternoon Tea:
Watered down Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light.


 I gave up my soda habit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant.  I didn't want to introduce any unwanted chemicals (aspartame, caffeine, and whatever else they put in it) to my baby.  However, this expat at the clinic is leaving to go back home today and he gave me a few packets of crystal light.  I do feel a little guilty having it because I know it has aspartame... but something other than pure water is sure tasty! 


Dinner: 
Watermelon wedges, 2 slices of pineapple (not pictured), and 3/4 of an Apple Pie Larabar
Sooooo refreshing in the heat.  It sure is starting to heat up here!

Larabars are my favorite protein/snack bar

Supper:
Leftover ground beef and bean enchiladas with my homemade guacamole.  Not pictured... some delicious salsa I lathered on top based off my beloved Carolina's Mexican Food in Phoenix's hot sauce.  I will share the recipe soon! Sorry it doesn't look as pretty as the other food... we have to reheat on the stove so it gets a bit mangled!



OK... Truth be told... I didn't eat the food in this order!!!! BUT... I am not sharing what order I DID eat the food :)  However, I did eat it all!  Just like a hobbit!  and my belly is growing to show for it! 

Alright tomorrow I will let you all know if its a boy or a girl... the consensus so far is Boy, but we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment