On Sunday, John, Emily, Robin, the kids and I ventured into town for the International Service. After worship and a small message there is always a potluck. So these little morsels of goodness are what I brought!
No-Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Raisin Balls
Ingredients
1.5 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/3 cup of almonds (or you can use any nut)
1/2 cup of raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of honey (or you could use agave)
1-2 TB of coconut oil
1/2 cup of peanut butter (or any nut butter, I bet almond or sunflower seed butter would be delicious!)
Directions
Grind down 1/2 of oats in a coffee grinder or blender.
Chop almonds till really small (or grind in coffee grinder)
Mix everything together well
Roll into small balls and refridgerate or freeze for a few minutes
I bet these would be delicious right out of the freezer on a warm summer day (aka any day in Sierra Leone). Too bad we don't have a fridge or a freezer lol! It probably doesn't sound AS good to my friends and family back home that can't stay warm at all!
To be honest I've been making up a smaller portion of this (minus the grinding of the oats and no almonds) for a snack and then just eating it with a spoon! MMMMMM!!!!!!!
I'll let you all know how my appointment goes tomorrow! John and I are SOOOO excited!
No-Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Raisin Balls
Ingredients
1.5 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/3 cup of almonds (or you can use any nut)
1/2 cup of raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of honey (or you could use agave)
1-2 TB of coconut oil
1/2 cup of peanut butter (or any nut butter, I bet almond or sunflower seed butter would be delicious!)
Directions
Grind down 1/2 of oats in a coffee grinder or blender.
Chop almonds till really small (or grind in coffee grinder)
Mix everything together well
Roll into small balls and refridgerate or freeze for a few minutes
I bet these would be delicious right out of the freezer on a warm summer day (aka any day in Sierra Leone). Too bad we don't have a fridge or a freezer lol! It probably doesn't sound AS good to my friends and family back home that can't stay warm at all!
To be honest I've been making up a smaller portion of this (minus the grinding of the oats and no almonds) for a snack and then just eating it with a spoon! MMMMMM!!!!!!!
I'll let you all know how my appointment goes tomorrow! John and I are SOOOO excited!



No comments:
Post a Comment