Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3 months old today!

Wow another month has just flown bye!


Little Aden is already 1/4 of a year old lol!



Height: 24.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: Not sure.. we don't have a scale but I'm guessing in the 13.5 lb range
Head circumference: 15.75 inches (25th percentile)

For the 3rd month...

Feeding: Aden is feeding every 3 hours.  Very occasionally we'll do a 2.5 hour feeding or a 3.5 hour feeding.  I've started pumping so John can do the 10:30 feeding so I can get my beauty rest. (I am an early to bed early to rise type person :) most people would laugh at the extreme I take this to if you know me at all) At the very end of this month (about the last week or so... I started to cut out any other night feedings till like 6:30 or 7 am.  I actually think I could have done this earlier but didn't realise it... more on this in the sleeping category, but I basically just stuck his pacifier back in and went back to sleep.  I did this originally at the 1:30ish am feeding but then fed him at the 4:30ish am feeding.  When we woke up for the day at 7 am, Aden wasn't hungry so I knew we could also skip out on that last feeding. 

Sleeping: Well lets just say the sleeping issue got all mixed up when we moved to Africa lol! Actually Aden seemed to acclimate to the time zone change without missing a beat.  He had about one fussy evening (read: he actually cried for a sustained period of time) for a little over an hour and then just conked out as a was jiggling him up and down.  Ever since then he is back to his usual pleasant self.  However, my baby boy is just not a heavy sleeper like some babies.  Even since I haven't been doing a feeding in the night, I still have to go put that paci back in and reswaddle him.  This boy is STRONG and will not stay in his swaddle.  I think he is waking up so often because he gets unswaddled and his arms start flailing all willy nilly! I'm considering double swaddling him.  John suggested electrical tape but I'm pretty sure thats a parenting no-no. 

Milestones: We heard Aden's first legitimate laugh this month.  We have yet to have it be repeated but he sure thought Vulli the Giraffe was hilarious when he squeeked! We tried to get it on video to show you guys but he got a little camera shy.   Soon we will try to get a short snippet of video of Aden on the blog... I know pictures don't do any munchkin justice!

Cloth Diapering: Oh cloth diapering.... I think I will do a whole post on the process of this.  The gist is yes I have to wash them by hand.  But luckily it is a lot easier than I thought it would be.  It does take some time though.  I launder them every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I wish there were only 6 days in a week because my Monday load is pretty big, but I can't control everything ;)


Happy Tuesday!





7 comments:

  1. sooo cute! and sooo happy! he looks like he could almost get on his knees and crawl away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to start using two swaddlers (the Velcro kind) around this age. Then he was getting too big for them so we weaned him off them sometime around then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I should have gotten some of those fancy schmancy swaddles. I just have some aden and anais ones... I thought they would be better due to the heat since they are so light weight but I really need to buckle him in somehow. We have a team coming next month that could bring in some swaddles but John thinks we'll be weaning him by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he looks like Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is looking so much cuter everyday! He is also looking more like John!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So John is cuter? Haha, just kidding! I agree on both counts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the resemblance there too!

    ReplyDelete