Anyone recognize that SNL skit from the Will Ferrel days?
Well, I don't have a cat that is named Mr. BoJangles, but we did figure out something special about our cat upon returning to Sierra Leone...
The conversation I had with John went something like this:
Kaysie: Hey John, whats that lump on Bess (our female cat)'s butt?
John: That's not its butt.
Kaysie: Hmm (puzzled and thinking) (gets a closer look at that area) Those kind of look like man parts.
John: Is Bess a boy?
John/Kaysie: hahahahahah!
It is quite typical of African culture to want to give an answer, whether it is right or not in order to appease the person they are answering. We assumed Bess was a girl because that's what the community told us (whether they knewshe he was or not) when they gave her him to us. We are now calling him 'Mr. Bess'
Sorry its been so long since a post... Blogger has not been letting me on because it doesn't recognize my IP address so I got a hotspot shield. Hope to be blogging more! Here are a few more pictures of Mr. Bess who loves nuzzling up in John's pants...
Well, I don't have a cat that is named Mr. BoJangles, but we did figure out something special about our cat upon returning to Sierra Leone...
The conversation I had with John went something like this:
Kaysie: Hey John, whats that lump on Bess (our female cat)'s butt?
John: That's not its butt.
Kaysie: Hmm (puzzled and thinking) (gets a closer look at that area) Those kind of look like man parts.
John: Is Bess a boy?
John/Kaysie: hahahahahah!
It is quite typical of African culture to want to give an answer, whether it is right or not in order to appease the person they are answering. We assumed Bess was a girl because that's what the community told us (whether they knew
Sorry its been so long since a post... Blogger has not been letting me on because it doesn't recognize my IP address so I got a hotspot shield. Hope to be blogging more! Here are a few more pictures of Mr. Bess who loves nuzzling up in John's pants...




That is EXACTLY what happened to me with Jorge!!! I called him kitty for about a year because of that! Then Lowell randomly suggested "george" when we were dating! (which is what i wanted to call "him all along!) TOO FUNNY!!! (PS- i can hear you both laughing!!)
ReplyDelete