Monday, November 29, 2010

As Most of You Probably Know. . .

I'M PREGNANT!

I am 8 weeks (still very early)... but praying to God that everything goes okay.

God put me in the path of some midwives that work in the Woman's Aberdeen Center (formerly the land-based Mercy Ships Compound).  They will do an ultrasound on me sometime this week.   I call tomorrow to schedule.

As also many of you may know... I have a bicornuate uterus with a small-ish septum.  This puts me at an increased risk for miscarriage, pre-term labor, and breech positioning (requiring a c-section).  Because of these risks, I will be coming back to Arizona in a few months.  John will stay another month or 2 here to help Chad with some medical teams coming. 

We had been trying for a while for kids, but because I was so into exercise and had so little body fat, my body wasn't ready to conceive.  I had to cut out running and other intense exercise as well as gain some weight before my body was ready.  I actually thought it would take a lot longer, but God blessed us with a very precious gift.  Unfortunately, our maternity insurance doesn't kick in until 2-3 months after the baby is due!

We ask for prayer for health and safety of the baby, good news at the ultrasound this week, and God's provision in the financial matters of pregnancy.

Symptoms so far:
1. fatigue and extreme GROGGINESS!  (oh boy wasn't expecting that)
2. not real nausea and no vomiting but some dizziness and feeling a little sick to my stomach which makes me want to lay down and nap all day
3.  Bloating
4.  I've been eating some very non-traditional Kaysie foods (ie not good for you! lol!)

John wanted picture evidence of this to show the world...


Yes I am eating gummi bears.  Filled with high fructose corn syrup, red dye, and probably lots of other things that I don't want to know about that aren't good for my health.  I had brought some chicken and an avocado for lunch, but the avocado had gone sour and I was still hungry.  The gummi bears were there and I caved.  John was very excited and insisted on taking a picture.

I am trying to eat as healthy as I can for the baby given the resources I have.  Last week I've felt a lot better and I don't know if its because of some huge meal-size salads I've been having.  I say yes... John says its psychological lol!  Oh well, he's still been buying tons of lettuce for me to make me happy and feel better :)  (And because I think he misses it as well but shhhh!)

If you have any specific questions about my story, feel free to comment or email me at johnandkaysie@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys!! So excited for you. Can't wait to meet the little one over in Salone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for baby!! Tell us how the ultrasound goes. We're praying for ya!

    Reuben says you guys a having a boy, Jenn says a girl. We shall see....

    =)

    ReplyDelete