As promised... the beach at River #2...
As soon as we arrived, we rented one of the little cabanas. One of the downsides to this beach is that they seem to nickle and dime you. If you rent a table (its cheaper) but you have to pay another 3,000 Leones for every extra chair.
Then we ordered some lunch... I ordered the shrimp with rice, and John the barracuda with chips (aka french fries)
While we were waiting a guy with coconuts came by. We ordered two... mostly so we could watch in awe of his machete skills.
So first he cut a hole in the top so we could drink the liquid. Then we gave it back to him to cut open to get at the flesh.
Here is the inside...
And John being silly with the meat
We both LOVE coconut!
After lunch we took the kiddies into the pool and gave both Owen and Dwight swimming lessons.
This was Dwight's first swimming lesson and he did great. We are teaching him to blow water out his nose instead of plugging it while he swims. We are also teaching him to roll over and float on his back when he needs to break.
Anabelle didn't want a swimming lesson, but after the day was over she said she would get a swimming lesson next time. I think she wants to be a part of what her brothers are doing. Plus she could see we weren't drowning them nor were they kicking and screaming :)
Anabelle played a little frisbee with her dad
John and I went for a walk on the beach. I love the dark skies!
It looked like it was about to rain the whole time but it never did.
And finally... we buried Owen just for fun. I liked the idea of it till he figured out he was kind of stuck lol!
Have a great Monday everyone! Its raining here right now which I love because we didn't have electricity last night so we were all sweating the whole night without the fan blowing on us. The rain really cools the place down!



















I love your dedication in posting! Keep up the good work! I want more pictures with you in them-get out from behind that camera missy!!
ReplyDeleteDitto, Emily!
ReplyDeletelol... I'll see what I can do!
ReplyDeleteHi Kaysie,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time at the ocean.
Blessings,
Uncle Phil