Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nigerian Neighbors

On Sunday we went to an International Church Service... a service that many of the NGO and other mission groups go to.  It is one Sunday a month and is at 6 pm with a potluck dinner after.  So we asked our upstairs neighbors if they would like to do lunch on Sunday.

They are sooo sweet.  The wife is Chica and the husband is Afam and they are from Nigeria.  They have a three boys, and the youngest is 5 months and named Casey!  Its not his real name, but his real one is harder to pronounce and they just call him Casey anyways.






So the lunch was a potluck also.  They wanted us to make American food and they made some Nigerian/West African food.  We made hot dogs, hamburgers, coleslaw, and sliced pineapple.  They brought fried rice, fried beef cubes, and a macaroni/bean/cabbage salad.  Robin also made brownies which neither Chica nor her boys liked lol!  I thought everybody liked chocolate!

We got some group pictures outside.  Chica and Afam are sad to see us move out to Allentown and they are truly great neighbors to have.






While we were grilling up the burgers and hot dogs on the grill we found a pretty cool praying mantis outside.  It was pretty neat looking!







Hope everybody is having a good week!  I'll post next a little more about the work that Bob and Peggy Kuest are doing while they are here.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You look beautiful!! What a fun life you have there. It is so good to hear how much you are enjoying the people and culture and are finding so much joy in your time there. Also, that praying mantis is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read through all of your SL posts! I am SO happy for your baby news! I am praying for all of you! What an amazing journey the Lord has taken you on!!!

    ReplyDelete