It all started when I was trying to prove to John that Aden DID in fact roll over.
Well he finally saw it on Saturday. John saw him on his side (he had been on his tummy) and then kick his way to his back. (thank you for all those people who said it does count!)
We are still working on the back to front roll however. The thing is… these cloth diapers sure do get in the way of efficient rolling. The prefold + cover creates quite a bulky situation and limits one’s range of motion. So all said attempts of rolling over were done bare butt… or what we like to call in our household… nakie!
This is a very dangerous game with an infant. So dangerous in fact you would have to be a little crazy to let your nakie baby on your bed without something underneath him ‘just in case.’
So, smart mama that I am, I had a prefold diaper underneath his bottom.
And also like a good mama, we were practicing rolling over some more because she wants him to beat all the other little infants his age to win a bet against John that he’d be rolling over by Thursday to see the look of delight he gets when he rolls over by himself!
Then it happened.
Aden was on his stomach trying his hardest to recreate the roll he performed seemingly effortlessly on Saturday. As his mama, I could see the look of concentration and effort he was putting into this roll. I was so excited that he was so intentional about the roll. But no… mama misread that facial expression…
Amidst all the practice rolling, the prefold was all hither skither underneath him and could not contain the mess of poop that came out of this little boy’s bum. I tried to save the sheets but I was too late!
These are the days that I miss throwing dirty clothes in my mom’s high efficiency washer to have them clean and dry and free of mango fly larvae in an hour. (Luckily we have an extra pair of sheets!).
These are also the days I will look upon someday and smile remembering what a gift my son is.
*giggle*
ReplyDelete*giggle*
ReplyDelete*giggle*
ReplyDelete