Sunday, July 5, 2015

Our 4th of July

We had a really fun 4th of July yesterday. It started with me getting over my fear of frying and making some real donuts! They were very yummy :) I sent some over to the Courtneys and Chad enjoyed them so much he gave Owen a dollar to eat the last quarter of his. However, they were nearly inedible by the next day.  Our pups sure enjoyed them this morning!


I must have been really craving sweets because my second task of the day was making some cupcakes. I was going to use a mix but once I opened the white cake mix box it was a shade of light brown and filled with weevils. I think it may have been in my pantry pre-Ebola.
So instead I used a recipe I found online which was only so so, but once covered in sugary buttercream, it was delicious!


We left some unfrosted because our Sierra Leone friends that came over to celebrate with us don't like sweets too much. Anabelle helped me test out my cupcake frosting tips I got for Mother's Day.

Aden, Dwight, and Archer all decked out in their red, white, and blue.

Chad grilled up some of his famous chicken and we ate (perhaps even over ate!) chicken burritos with rice and beans and Dwight's yummy salsa. We were joined by Pastor Abdul, Adama, John Barry, and our mechanic who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. 

The afternoon festivities included glow-in the-dark balloons and balloon animals (made by Dwight). It's no wonder my children flock to the Courtney's house whenever possible! 



Aden very happy with his giraffe (1 of at least three I saw Dwight make)
One of all the kids:






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! We were bums and didn't even watch the fireworks

    ReplyDelete